JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

Thursday 22 May 2014

BOTM - Blood of Angels {Wattpad}

Blood of Angels
Author: Emily Taylor
Genre: Paranormal / Action

Wattpad Book Blurb:
These teenagers have powers, but that doesn't make them superheros. [Winner of Paranormal/Horror On The Rise Watty 2013]

Author Links:















Author Interview

1. Please tell the readers a bit about yourself. 

Hey! Well, I never really know what to say in these things. I'm short, kinda crazy, and have the habit to turn hermit when passionate about a story. I've been on most of the writing sites, yes I loved Inkpop, and in my second year of university at the Conservatorium for MuTECH (Music Technology) which basically is composing for games/film, sound design, and studio work. Have an obsession with chocolate. Joss Whedon is my idol. Yes I'm a bit of nerd haha

2. What types of books do you write?

I write new adult books with some form of action and fantasy element. I tried writing a straight romance once, and it turned into a Battle Royale school scene with a bikie backstory. 
I think I have too much of a dark paranormal/horror influence. But that's what I love.

3. How many books have you written?

Quite a few now which is amazing. I remember being on Goodreads a good five years ago believing I'd never finish a book over 20k. There was all these people there onto their third-fourth novels with WC of 70-120k. But then I finished the first version of Blood of Angels (@50k) and things just got bigger from there. Big moment for me :)

So I've completed eight novels to date at WC of 75k+

4. What movie and/or book are you looking forward to this year?

Movies I'm looking forward to?
- Godzilla (The director also directed and wrote a favourite film of mine, Monsters)
- Only Lovers Left Alive (Great premise and Tom Hid.)
- A Million Ways to Die in the West (... I just have to see it. It looks amazing haha)

Books:
- Magic Breaks [Kate Daniels #7] (One of my favourite series. Just amazing)

5. What type of books do you enjoy reading?

Paranormal/Romance Adult books mainly. Things like Kate Daniels and Sher. Kenyon. Though also epic fantasy like Sword of Truth, horror (Let the Right One In) and classics (Les Mis.)

6. If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you?

I don't know! haha I'd say:

1. A knife
2. Notebook/pen
3. A friend. 

7. Are you considering a sequel?

I'm already writing the sequel for Blood of Angels, Vengeance of Angels (Partially Angel #2). Completed the second book for my debuting novel, A Soul to Take, though it needs a major rewrite. And I'm up to the third book in Cinretta.

8. What inspired you to become a writer?

It was just another outlet for storytelling. I was always a book worm and it just seemed logical that I tried to put my own stories onto paper. Everything I seem to do is just another form of storytelling-- dancing/music/performing, and I don't do half-assed. That's kind of our family motto. I just kept setting new goals. If I was going to be a writer, I was going to join the sites, enter the competitions, build the fan base, query. There was no point in writing these stories if no one read and enjoyed them.


Blood of Angels Scavenger Hunt

Click the image below for more details

No comments:

Post a Comment