JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

Tuesday 8 April 2014

BOTM - The Unusuals {Wattpad}

The Unusuals
Author: Mayakakos
Genre: Teen Fantasy / Adventure

Wattpad Book Blurb:
Jamie Smith was never a normal girl. All her life she was training and running from The Government. Everything changes when everyone except her and five other Unusual are left to fend for themselves. Jamie Smith must now over come not only running from the Government but also betraying best friends, prophecies and the fear of losing everyone she loves...

Author Links:












Interview

1. Please tell the readers a bit about yourself.

Well, to start, my name is Maya. I love books. I used to be that kid in class that the teacher would have to yell at and tell her to put her book away. I come from a normal family with very supportive parents that always encouraged me to follow my dreams. My younger sister is amazing and though we may disagree at times, she’s always there for me. I absolutely love to laugh and love anyone who can make me laugh. I’m very, very shy at first, but once you get to know me, I’m crazy.

2. What types of books do you write?

This is an easy one. I write mostly action and adventure. Maybe a tiny bit of fantasy. I’ve tried writing deep, emotional poems and books, but when I went back to read my writing, I would cringe at my work. So like my people, I’ll stick to what I’m good at.

3. How many books have you written?

None. I’ve started plenty, but never been enthusiastic about any of them to actually finish one. That was until one day I began writing The Unusuals. The ideas kept flowing and I had no choice but to let my thoughts come to life in my writing.

4. What movie and/or book are you looking forward to this year?

I’m defiantly looking forward to Divergent. The trailer looks great and it looks like the producers and director did a great job. I’m currently reading The Fault In Our Stars and I can’t wait to see it come to life in the movie. Ah! I can’t forget about Mocking Jay part 1!

5. What type of books do you enjoy reading?

Depending on my mood, I’ll occasionally pick up a sad John Green book, but for the most part, I love reading dystopian novels that are full of action and adventure. They keep me entertained and inspire me to write.

6. If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you?

Three things I would want:

1. My laptop (I’ll just email for help, right?)
2. Eternal Wi-Fi
3. An unlimited supply of books

7. Are you considering a sequel?

Defiantly. When I first began writing, I was planning for a series of very short stories of the same characters. However, I decided against it and am currently putting the plot together for the sequel.

8. What inspired you to become a writer?

Nothing really in particular inspired me I guess. As a little girl, I enjoyed reading. I would imagine myself in the story and would read late at night until my mom told me to put my book away. As I would fall asleep, I would imagine how I hoped or wanted the book to end. Next I started putting my thoughts on paper and thinking of my own short stories. I finally put in the commitment to write a longer story, and thus The Unusuals was written and is currently still being written.


The Unusuals Scavenger Hunt

Click the image below for more details

No comments:

Post a Comment