JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

Saturday 22 March 2014

BOTM - The Nose and His Perfume {Wattpad}

The Nose and His Perfume
Author: Emily Follett
Genre: Children's Fantasy

Wattpad Book Blurb:
12-year-old orphan, Bunny Spark, and her twin brother, Beau, live above their family’s run-down department store in the grim, industrial town of Grayton. A strange perfumer who calls himself the Nose comes to the store to make and sell perfume. Thousands of people come to buy the young man's unusual perfume, which genuinely seems to live up to its promise of making adults as happy as children, but when the twins’ extremely happy younger cousin is drained of all happiness, they begin to suspect that something fishy is going on.

Author Links:









Interview

1. Please tell the readers a bit about yourself.

I’m thirty-five—elderly for Wattpad, I know, but I don’t feel old. My boyfriend and I bought a new house and we’re moving really soon. I live in Canada, so it could be 0° or -

26° Celsius when we move. I’m hoping for the former.

2. What types of books do you write?

The Nose and His Perfume is for children, and the book I’m writing now is for young adults, but I also write for adults. I like writing stories about real people in unreal situations. I like playing with conventions and twisting them to make a point.

3. How many books have you written?

The Nose and His Perfume is my first book.

4. What movie and/or book are you looking forward to this year?

The movie I was most excited about most recently was the DVD release of Before Midnight. I don’t typically like romance, but I know people on Wattpad do, and those three movies: Before Sunrise (1995), Before Sunset (2004), and Before Midnight (2013) are my favourite romance films of all time. The book I’m most looking forward to is Enders by Lissa Price. I think it was just released.

5. What type of books do you enjoy reading?

I read a lot, and I’ll read pretty much anything I think is good. The books I like most usually have some humor in them.

6. If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you?

This is probably cheating, but I would bring people. Who wants to be stranded on a desert island alone? I would also bring an ipad loaded with books and music and some type of solar powered battery charger because I’m an excellent packer and I always remember things like that. I guess if I couldn’t bring people, I’d bring a Swiss Army knife or something to build a boat with.

7. Are you considering a sequel?

I’m working on something else right now, but yes, I would consider writing a sequel.

8. What inspired you to become a writer?

I was just born that way. There’s a recording of me from when I was 2 or 3 years old telling a story I made up called “The Spirit Rocket Ship.” I think that was my first story. Pretty much as soon as I had the motor skills to hold a pen, I was trying to write. My grandmother was very intellectual and loved books. She was a big influence on me and taught me to read and write when I was really little. I come from a family of storytellers and story lovers. I can tell you what inspired me to write this particular story. I wanted to write about hope. I also really loved weird books when I was a kid (I still do). My family were big Edward Gorey/PBS fans, so there was a lot of Edward Gorey stuff around when I was a kid (like mugs and calendars). I loved Tim Burton and Jim Henson. When I was a teenager, I went through a huge Tom Robbins phase. I loved his book, Jitterbug Perfume. I was actually pretty obsessed with it—I even tried to make my own perfume.


The Nose and His Perfume Scavenger Hunt

Click the image below for more details

No comments:

Post a Comment