JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

Wednesday 12 March 2014

Author Spotlight - E_Girl7 {Wattpad}

Just Friends
Genre: Teen Romance / Short Story

Wattpad Book Blurb:
It has almost been three years since they met. They were normal, ordinary friends then. That day changed her life... but now her heart is broken, shattered into pieces. What exactly happened..? Things were just not the same without him. (Based on true life events).

Author Links:













Interview

1. Please tell the readers a bit about yourself.

My name's Elaine, although I dislike it very much. I'm a fourteen year old, who loves books, music and rainy days. Sadly, I'm just an amateur in writing, but I do hope to turn writing into a career. I'm really interested in medical science, and my aim for the future is to become a doctor.

2. What types of books do you write?

Usually, I write stories targeted at teenagers, or teen fiction. Having only finished one book, I know I have a lot more exploring to do about various genres and styles, and I'm definitely keen on trying my hand at the different types.

3. How many books have you written?

Just one. I'm positive about it not being my best, and the amount of editing I have to do, but really it's a great start already. So hoping to start on more ideas when I have time.

4. What movie and/or book are you looking forward to this year?

Really looking forward to The Fault In Our Stars and Divergent for movies. On the other hand, I can't wait for City of Heavenly Fire in the Mortal Instruments series and Apolonia by Jamie McGuire. 

5. What type of books do you enjoy reading?

I'm actually open to every story, but I read the most number of romance books. For me, romance should be accompanied by another genre, such as mystery, paranormal or action. Generally, I read whatever I can get my hands on.

6. If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you?

1. I am definitely going to bring a book, but I cannot choose between a dozen bookshelves, so I'll see about that.
2. A knife, or any sharp object for survival.
3. Food. 

7. Are you considering a sequel?

No, I'm not writing a sequel. If there was a sequel, the main purpose and theme would not even fit. It was something written hurriedly and out of impulse, nothing that wants to be remembered, so I'm just choosing to forget.

8. What inspired you to become a writer?

These are really old, but certainly plays a big part in pushing me to write. Inspiration would most probably be the stories I read and wrote, talented writers, music and just life itself. I've never been interested in movies, until much later, so I considered books to be a greater companion. Writing is really different, and I guess what I like about it is that you can temporarily escape life to a book world with characters. A story is a haven, where I discover so many other things. Through writing, I hope to do many great things.


Excerpt

"You have any idea what happened today?" 
"Maybe ;)"  
It wasn't the time for jokes and I wasn't the least bit in the mood for any. Not even yours. 
"It's not a game. Just tell me if you know ><" 
"Well... it is a game and yes, I know about what happened El," was the not really direct answer you gave.
"Hm.. let me guess. Ray told you?" 
I had the hunch on this before. Ray was potentially the one giving away information, according to me. 
"Yeah. You knew all along anyway." 
"You know what they said, don't you? Ray told you everything?" 
"Yes. You don''t have to bother about them. You'll always be my friend, no matter what :)" 
I was very relieved, knowing that you knew I was a friend to you. A good one, perhaps, made me feel that way. There was no harm being friends. Friends with benefits had no reason for me to reject your friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment