JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

Saturday 14 May 2016

CBY'S Saturday Current Reads - The Cilantro in Apple Pie by Kimberley Nadine Knights


WELCOME TO CBY'S 1ST SATURDAY CURRENT READS

For the past few years, my reading habit has changed drastically. I went from reading one book a week to now trying to get through one book a month. "Trying" being the operative word here. I love writing books. I love reading the books I write. I want to love reading other books too. The problem: I can't find a book that can grab attention enough to make me want to get to the end. That's where Saturday Current Reads comes in. I need to find a book that will reignite my passion for reading, and I'm hoping that by sharing my current reading list with like-minded folk, I can get some motivation.

MY SATURDAY CURRENT READS IS:


Book Description:
Fragnut. Confused? Well so is everyone else at Lumiere Hall Prep when sixteen-year-old Rubie Keane rolls in from Trinidad and Tobago talking her weird lingo. Not that she minds the culture confusion; she's determined to leave the past behind her and be overlooked—but a certain stoic blue blood is equally as determined to foil her plans.

Gil Stromeyer's offbeat personality initially makes Rubie second-guess his sanity, but she suspects his erratic outbursts of violence mask a deeper issue in his troubled, charmed life. Despite his disturbing behavior, a gradual bond forms between the two. However, on the night of the annual Stromeyer gala, events unfold that leave Rubie stripped of her dignity and kick Gil's already fragile world off its axis.

Both their well-kept secrets are uncovered, but Gil's revelation proves that sometimes the best remedy for a bad case of lost identity, is a dash of comradery from an ally packed with flavor.

Buy Links:

So ...

What book are you currently reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment