JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Author Spotlight - Miss_Mockingjay



The Shadow Sisters

The Diesty is a secret organisation for the recruitment, and training, of spies. It owns many hidden basses, placed in strategic locations all over the world. One of these basses contains the children of the 'Natalya' project. Rose, Katie and Cass are three of these children.

Follow them on their journey to escape; as they discover themselves, what they can do and just what the world can be like.

They will face many things; from magic and the supernatural creatures of fairy tales, to the biggest business holders in the world, and everything in between.

"Run, run as fast as you can."
"Never stop, don't look back..."
"And hope, that you make a difference!"



Interview

1. Please tell the readers a bit about yourself.

I go by the username Miss_Mockingjay, but my name is Paige. I am a high school student in Australia. I love reading, music, playing guitar and piano, singing and playing netball.

I was introduced to Wattpad by my amazing cousin! She suggested it to me as we both have similar tastes in books (and most things). Through Wattpad I have been introduced to many genres, and will now read almost anything. It gave me a new appreciation for books, and opened up the opportunity to be a part of a great community.

2. What types of books do you write?

I love to write fantasy novels, based at a teen audience. All of my books have female main characters, as I am a girl myself. I try desperately to prevent my stories from becoming obviously cliché, as when they do I tend to lose the motivation to write.

3. How many books have you written?

I currently have three books on Wattpad. One of which is a werewolf story, the next a collection of fan inspired one-shots, and my final, ‘The Shadow Sisters’, a fantasy action adventure.

The Shadow Sisters is my current novel, and what I believe to be my best. It is a fast paced and exciting book which will take you on a twisting journey full of mystery, plot twists and a whole lot of fun!

4. What movie and/or book are you looking forward to this year?

Oh, the list is endless! I think I am most looking forward to House of Hades by Rick Riordan for the book… But there are so many amazing movies coming up that I just can’t chose. I think my top 3 would be Catching Fire, City of Bones and Sea of Monsters.

5. What type of books do you enjoy reading?

I love an array of types of books, and I guess it just depends on my mood. Sometimes I want a fast paced action book, other times a cute and romantic novel that I can curl up with in bed, sometimes a book full of twists and mystery to keep my mind active and at others a cliché story. I mainly like fantasy, but will read any book so long as it is fiction.

6. If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you?

1) My kitten Coco.
2) My laptop… with internet of course.
3) And finally an iPod with all of my favourite songs.

7. Are you considering a sequel?

I think that I would like to make a sequel, but it just depends on where the book takes me. I have a plan for how it is going to pan out, and how it will end… but it is all of the stuff in the middle that will decide. If I manage to put the entire story in to one book then maybe not, but of this happens then I might make the next book form a new characters perspective?

8. What inspired you to become a writer?

When I first joined Wattpad I spent a few months looking around and reading all of the different kinds of books. Once I had got used to the format I started to get more confident and would comment more on stories. It was nice to be able to give advice and to know that I was helping others.

I would love to have my voice heard, and entertain others as much as they have entertained me. I imagine you sitting in your rooms anxiously checking for updates, as I have dome on many an occasion, and would love it if it was my book you were so dedicated to. It would be amazing to be able to achieve such a thing!


Excerpt

“Sir,” a discreet voice sounded to my left, “the east front scouts have spotted an intruder.”

“What.” I snapped. There can’t be an intruder, they could ruin everything. This transaction had taken months to plan and organise.

“Yes, a girl. She only looks about 12 or 13 though. In the alcove at about 9:30” He added.

“Hmmm, let her be for now. But get five more men in preparation around her. Not to close, she can’t know that she has been spotted.”

This girl had piqued my interest, not many could get past my defence, and no one should be able to get past the defence of both Tristian and I. Though he can be impulsive and has little patience, Tristian is a great strategist and would not leave any gaps in his guards.  I would get my men to observe what she does, and take her after the transaction was complete. She could be a great addition to my company.

The transaction parties were about 5 meters (approximately 15 feet) away from each other when everyone froze. My attention snapped to the girl. She was of average height and had a lean, but also muscular physique. Her hair was dark brown and reached just below her shoulders, curling slightly at the bottom. Her eyes were a slightly darker shade of brown than her hair, and were the focus of her round face.

“Who the fuck are you!” Tristian growled.

“Mistress Huntress at your service.” She responded cheekily, her voice filled with laughter as she extravagantly bowed.

“Sassy ‘ay.” I called to her.

A wink and tilted nod of the head was all the response I got before she continued.

“But that is not important right now.” The girl spoke, her voice now serious. The change in her tone surprised me, though I did not show it, as did the immediate and undivided enrapture it commanded.

“What is important is the fact that in about 3 minutes this place will be swarmed with agents from the NA police force expecting one of the most important transactions of the underground to be taking place.”

“How do you know that?” Tristian snapped. “And why should we believe you? You’re just a little girl in the middle of…”

“A hormonal playground?” she mocked, interrupting him half way through his rant. “Well first of where will doubting me get you, in a cell 5 million dollars poorer and with about 20 less men, or how about the fact that I am risking my life at the moment to warn you, or I don’t know the fact that their communications defences are so easy to break into may as well have been written by a baby.” She continued, taking a step closer with each point she made, before tossing a NAPF (North America Police Force) communicator into the middle of the court yard.

“ETA two and a half minutes, we have the courtyard surrounded.” The broken voice announced for all to hear.

Chaos erupted. People were weaving past each other to their vehicles, all order forgotten. All with the same thought on their mind. We cannot be caught.

“Where do you think you’re going?” I called to the girl as I saw her sprint across the courtyard.

“You’re not the only one who has people to run from darling.” She responded.

“See you around.” She was the last thing I heard before she turned the corner, and was out of sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment