JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

Wednesday 10 July 2013

Author Spotlight - GoChaseRabbits




It's All In Your Head

I knew it would end like this. It was part of our agreement. I would be at her bedside and she would be dying. I just didn’t know it would hurt this much. It was 4 and ½ months ago when I met her. I remembered she was the strangest person I’ve ever met. She said it was the side effect of being pre-dead.

Beau Acres only wanted to be a screen writer. He wanted to spend a year between high school and college to save enough money to go to the film school of his dreams by living with his two best friends and constantly looking for jobs because he can't hold one down. That is until he sees an ad in the paper that offers any payment for a four month job: Being a "life guide" to a 17 year old girl with brain cancer. It seems easy enough. He only has to follow 2 rules: Always be on call and don't get close. Then again, rules are made to be broken.





Interview

1. Please tell the readers a bit about yourself.

My name is Nikki and I'm 15 years old. I play guitar and piano, write stories (obviously) and scripts for all types of formats (screenplays, stage plays, shorts, web series, etc), and bake constantly. Other hobbies include hiding from the sun and pretending I have friends (joking, because I like doing that). Also a huge fan of reading, anything and everything. Lastly, I love talking to people that comment on my stories and message me, so feel free to do so. 

2. What types of books do you write?

I would say action or dystopia or spiritual books with a side of romance. Very rarely will I write full on books about love, although I will.

3. How many books have you written?

Currently, I'm working on The Other Side and I Lived on Air. While my finished works include Damn Dog (short story) and It's All in Your Head. Although that's only what's on Wattpad, I have a lot more that are getting developed on my computer.

4. What movie and/or book are you looking forward to this year?

I'm looking forward to-as far as movies go-Catching Fire and The Spectacular Now. As for books, I can hardly wait for Allegiant by Veronica Mars and Here Without You by Tammara Webber

5. What type of books do you enjoy reading?

I enjoy reading almost anything. Poetry, teen fiction, Ancient Greek writings and plays, different types of philosophy (Eastern is the most interesting right now), and sometimes non-fiction, but it's not as entertaining to me.

6. If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you?

1. A house with magical powers to restock itself with food and other supplies. It also has things like furniture, TVs, wifi, etc.
2. My friends
3. And a horse that I can ride on

7. Are you considering a sequel?

I am going to do a sequel for The Other Side ( it's going to be a trilogy, most likely) and I'm kind of doing a sequel for It's All in Your Head, it's just going to be Zoe's Journal. 

8. What inspired you to become a writer?

I was a huge Hermione and George/Fred shipper and so I started reading fan fiction. Then when  i stopped searching for new stories, i started writing mu own for awhile  but I didn't like writing in someone else's world with someone else's characters, so I started to write original stories.

Excerpt

She got on our toes and we were now face to face, our breaths tanged together. I couldn't help but look down at her lips that were inches from mine. I flickered them back up to her eyes that were filled with an unrecognizable sparkle. Her fragile body pressed further into mine and my breath hitched. I prayed she didn't notice as my heart beat pounded louder in my ear. Her slightly parted lips brushed against my jaw, but made their way to my ear.

"You should pay more attention to your base." She whispered. Her hot breath washed over the skin on my neck, but somehow sent goosebumps along my arms and legs.

Just then the sound of the base Resource shut down. Great, they had hit it again. She pulled away again and gave me a mischievous smile to my dumbfounded face. She pulled out her gun, held it against my vest, and shot it. Backing away, another red vest pulled on her arm and dragged her  out of sight.

I took deep breaths and tried to think clearly. I knew that feeling; I had it 3 or 4 year ago when I started dating Blair. The fuzziness that made it hard to think straight, the pounding of my heart in my chest, and the tingles that resonated across my skin.

No, this can't be happening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment