JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

Friday 31 January 2020

BOOK REVIEW - The Cockatoo from Timbuktu by William A.E. Ford

The Cockatoo from Timbuktu
Author: William A.E. Ford
Genre: Picture Book

Book Description:
Join Kian the cockatoo on his adventures around the world! Can a childhood song about a shining star help him find his way home? From the Great Barrier Reef to the Great Wall of China to New York City, wonders of the world are explored delightfully in this epic journey! 

Buy Links:



MY REVIEW

Kian the cockatoo lives in a zoo, but all he wants to do is return to Timbuktu. Okay, I didn't plan for my intro to rhyme, but it was unavoidable. Back to Kian ... The little guy just wants to head back home to his parents. So what does he do? He breaks out of the zoo.

A fun and educational journey around the world with Kian the cockatoo. This was a joyous read. I wasn't expecting the book to be so informative, so it was a wonderful surprise. I loved the illustrations. I particularly loved that the illustrations depicted the destinations with precision. Even without the words, you can figure out where Kian landed using the elements within the illustrations. Loved the rhyme scheme throughout. It's been a long time since I truly enjoyed a picture book, so this was definitely worthwhile.

This is the second book I've read from this author, and I must say, I am fast becoming a fan.

VERDICT


Award: Platinum
Rating: 5 out of 5
Source: Own copy

No comments:

Post a Comment