JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

Sunday 12 April 2020

BOOK REVIEW - Moore Zombies: Blood Moon by Wendy Knuth

Moore Zombies: Blood Moon
Author: Wendy Knuth
Genre: Children's Picture Book
Publication Date: 1st August 2015

Book Description:
 Moore Zombies Chapter Book #1

When Broheimer tells his siblings there is going to be a blood moon, they are excited. Gothina decides to make a picnic out of it, but finds they don’t have enough tomatoes. With Baby Zom and Kamper tagging along, the kids take the Moorevette out for a ride. What follows is a fun adventure including a quest for tomatoes, an encounter with a scarecrow, and an empty campsite which might belong to zombie hunters. Thanks to Broheimer, the kids come to understand how and why the blood moon occurs. Grab a tomato slushy and find out if the Moores will be able to view this amazing sight without being discovered by humans!

Buy Links:



MY REVIEW

I totally geek out on all things physics, so this was right up my street. Another fun adventure with the Moore family, who are on a mission to witness the phenomenon that is the Blood Moon. Although this is the first book in the Chapter Book series, I actually read in non-sequential order, as I read book two (Zombie World) prior to reading this one, however, I found that there was no confusion whatsoever, meaning that these books can be read as standalones. While it has taken me a while to get into the Moore Zombies series, I must say that I'm really starting to connect with the series, especially since started on these chapter books, but this book in particular has made me feel a connection with the characters. The individuality of each character is well portrayed and the adventure they go on is always so enlightening.

What I really liked was the jutaxposition between the normal and the abnormal. For instance, when Broheimer gets into his teacher mode, explaining the blood moon phenomena to his siblings, the focus deviates momentarily to Kamper's nose that he keeps in his backpack. Little moments like this is a good reminder that these are zombies and not humans, which you can easily forget because they are so relatable.

It's another wonderful read from Knuth. I certainly am a fan of the series, and I would recommend it as a family read.

VERDICT


Award: Gold
Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars
Source: Own copy

No comments:

Post a Comment