JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

Saturday 9 April 2016

Romantic Times Booklovers Convention 2016 - April 12-17!


Get ready for this years RT Booklovers Convention, which kicks off in Las Vegas, Nevada!
You won't believe the lineup of authors who will be attending and partaking in book signings, not to mention the exciting Teen Day event for lovers of YA fiction such as myself.

Mark the date down on your calendar and get ready for a mindblowing experience.

Some of the authors who are attending RT's Giant Book Fair:
 
GENERAL ADULT FICTION

Brenda Jackson
Sabrina Jeffries
Christina Lauren
Lora Leigh
Susan Mallery
Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Mary Jo Putney
Julia Quinn
Alexa Riley
Lynsay Sands
Nalini Singh
Nancy Thayer
Kristen Ashley
Robyn Carr
Kresley Cole
Sylvia Day
Sonali Dev
Christine Feehan
Heather Graham
Larissa Ione
-aka Sydney Croft

YOUNG ADULT

Kody Keplinger
Julie Murphy
Kiera Cass
Kass Morgan
Lauren Oliver
Katie McGarry
Kami Garcia
Jennifer L. Armentrout
-aka J. Lynn
Julie Kagawa
Alexandra Bracken
Ellen Hopkins
Tamora Pierce
Victoria Aveyard
Richelle Mead
Catherine Stine

NEW ADULT

Cora Carmack
Kristin Cast
Jay Crownover
Anna Todd
Rachel Van Dyken


Okay, now for the real exciting part of the convention ...

Clear your calendar for April 16, 2016 - TEEN DAY PARTY!

partay

It's the ultimate YA book lover's dream.


Workshops, games, gifts ... gifts! The first 500 TEENS who register will get an amazing swag bag (yes, If I Could Turn Back Time is replaying in my head). Don't worry, there's still lots to do. The only way you'll miss out is if you don't show up.

Why is TEEN DAY PARTY the greatest? Read more about it HERE.

You can go a little crazy. It's okay. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!

Here's an interview from Catherine Stine (author of Witch of the Cards and the Fireseed series) that should keep you going until the big event.

Author Interview

Who are your favorite authors? And books you feel have had a heavy influence on you?
In YA, I’ve read many of Nancy Werlin’s novels. She has a good mix of romance, thrills and suspense in her work. In adult fiction I am on a huge historical fantasy kick so I’ve been reading Paula Brackston’s witch novels and Posie Graeme-Evans’ romantic forays into the 1300s and 1800s. I was heavily influenced as a kid by Astrid Lindgren’s Pippi Longstocking, and no matter their age, I try to make my heroines have as much bravery, verve and fun as Pippi always had.

Do you write every day? Do you set yourself a schedule?
When I’m not super-busy releasing a new book, I write most afternoons. My best writing time is between 3 and 8 pm. I cannot write in the morning (I’ve tried!). I’m a member of an official writing space, which I can walk to. I also attend two writing retreats a year to get a concentrated burst of writing done and talk shop with author buddies.

What's up next for you?
I’m working on a new romance series, written as Kitsy Clare. I’m also plotting out a new witch novel. And I always have a YA up my sleeve. * rubs hands together and chuckles * The best way to keep up with my books is to subscribe to my newsletter via my website: catherinestine.com.

Why do you enjoy coming to RT? What are you looking forward to at this RT?
This year I’m on the “You’re Never Too Old for YA” panel on Tues. April 14 at 11:15 am, which will be a blast (with tons of swag for attendees)! You can also meet me at the FAN-Tastic Party or on YA Alley at the Book Fair. I love to meet fans and new readers so come see me! Also, as an attendee, it’s truly inspiring and energizing to mingle with fellow authors, readers, bloggers, editors and the like. The panels are always amazing. And hey, it’s Vegas, baby! I’m not a gambler, but I’m heading out to see Brittany Spears one night.

What's your favorite romance story?
Hmmm, that’s a hard one to pin down. In YA I like my own, Heart in a Box characters, Joss and Will because they fight so hard to keep their relationship. And it’s a sweet one.My favorite tropes are the love triangle and the love-hate push and pull. I keep thinking of TV shows for these. One favorite right now is Empire, with the fiery Cookie and Luscious Lyon.

Author Links:

1 comment:

  1. For an avid reader, especially that of youth adult fiction, there is no other option but to head to RT booklover Convention as it is the great opportunity for the excitement and curiosity of all the book lovers. We also would be attending such an event at some local San Francisco venues soon. You too can experience it and be a part of it; surely you will enjoy it to the core!

    ReplyDelete